Alchemy Produx is the brainchild of Melbourne duo Sara and Tristan, who hand-make artisan candles from 100% natural soy wax. It was four years ago when experimenting with soy wax lead to this accidental combination in their backgrounds of Fashion Design and Chemistry to create these unique candles. This unlikely combination led to the beginning of ‘Alchemy Produx’ a fusing of science and designer home wares.
Alchemy candles are individually hand poured into chemistry glassware such as beakers and conical flasks and made to order in their Melbourne studio. Minimalist and industrial trends inspire these small batch candles and the Alchemy team lives by the mantra “less is more”.
Fragrances in store include...
Lychee & Black Tea - Refreshing and uplifting fragrance, delicate black tea with a sweet and tart lychee after note
Yuzu - Japanese Yuzu is a strong fragrance with notes of sour orange and citron, also has a soft floral after note
Ginger Ale - Freshly grated ginger and lemon zest, you can almost smell the fizz
Coconut & Lime - Cirtus and creamy base with a notes of vanilla and lemon
Mandarin & Rosemary - Citrus and herbal based, this also has hinted of lavender and cedar wood
Tangerine Rind & Lemon Myrtle - Fresh and tangy, this is a super citrus fragrance
Some helpful candle care tips via Alchemy.
- Before lighting your candle, trim the candle wick to approximately 5mm.
- The first time you use your new candle, burn for at least 2-3 hours, allowing the wax to burn evenly across the surface. Scented candles develop a 'burn memory' and a candle that has not been burnt right to the edges on its initial use, will 'tunnel' and burn unevenly through the center of the wax.
- For maximum burn time, always keep candle wicks trimmed to approximately 5mm. Not only will trimming the wick help your candle to burn evenly, but it will also eliminate smoking and minimise soot forming on the glass. However, a small amount of soot around the edges of the glass vessel is normal, particularly as your candle reaches the bottom. To remove, simply wipe with a wet cloth.
- Ensure you position your scented candle away from drafts. A draft can result in an uneven burn and will reduce the life of your candle.
- For best results, always burn your candle for at least 2 hours at a time, but never burn a scented candle for more than 4 hours. After 4 hours, extinguish the flame and allow to cool. Once the candle has cooled, trim wick to approximately 5mm and it may be relit again.
- When extinguishing your candle, never blow out the flame. This can not only damage the candle, but will also taint your beautifully scented room with the smell of smoke! Always use a candle snuffer to extinguish the flame. Alternatively dip the wick in wax to distinguish the candle and then set the wick upright and center again ready for the next burn.
Alchemy Produx candles now available in store or online at Apache Rose.
Share this post